Kalustyan Privacy NoticeLast Updated: June, 2017
At Kalustyan, we take your privacy seriously. This Privacy Notice describes how we use the information we collect or that you provide to us through the Kalustyan Sites and other electronic communications.
In this Privacy Notice:
• When we say 'Kalustyan', we mean Kalustyan Corporation and any subsidiaries and affiliates of Kalustyan (including any that Kalustyan may form or acquire in the future). We also refer to Kalustyan as 'we', 'us' or 'our'
• When we say 'Kalustyan Sites', we mean www.kalustyanspice.com, the kalustyanspices.com apps, and all related services, content, functionality, and transactions offered by Kalustyan on or through www.kalustyanspices.com and the kalustyanspices.com apps.
• When we say “you” or “your” we mean users of the Kalustyan Sites. If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, or if you would like us to update your information, please contact us at Privacy@kalustyans.com or Kalustyan Corporation, Attention: Privacy, __________________.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
Information You Provide Directly to Us
You provide information to us when you interact with the Kalustyan Sites, including when you join our mailing list, create an account, place an order on Kalustyan, contact us (via email, telephone, or otherwise), respond to a survey or questionnaire, or enter a contest, sweepstakes, or other promotion sponsored by us. The information you provide to us may include:
In this Privacy Notice:
• Your contact and shipping information, such as your name, address, telephone number, and email address
• Your payment information (for example, credit card, banking and/or payment details, banking and your billing address)
• The shipping information (such as names, shipping addresses, and telephone numbers) for anyone to whom you want us to ship your purchases.
Information We Collect by Automated Means
Cookies are files that websites send to your computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify your browser or to store information or settings on your device. Without cookies, you may not be able to use all the features of the Kalustyan Sites.
The Kalustyan Sites may use HTTP cookies, HTML5 cookies, Flash cookies, and other types of local storage (such as browser-based or plugin-based local storage). Your browser may allow you to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies and how to restrict or disable certain cookies. You also may be able to delete your Flash cookies or adjust your Flash cookie settings by visiting the Adobe Flash Website Storage Settings Manager by following Adobe's instructions.
Web server logs and Web Beacons
Web server logs may collect information about your device, operating system, browser, domain, and other system settings, such as the language your system uses and the country and time zone where your device is located; the address of the Web page that referred you to the Kalustyan Sites; the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet; and other information about your interaction with the Kalustyan Sites, such as which pages you visit. To control which Web servers collect information by automated means, we may place small electronic tags called Web beacons on our Web pages and in our emails, which are files that link Web pages to particular Web servers and their cookies. Again, without web server logs and web beacons, you may not be able to use all of the features of the Kalustyan Sites.
Mobile Applications, Device Identifiers and SDKs.
When you install a mobile app that we provide, we may use or work with partners and service providers who use mobile “SDKs” or similar code, in order to collect information such as device identifiers, mobile advertising identifiers (e.g., IDFAs and Android Advertising IDs), IP addresses, Internet connection information, as well as details about your device (such as device type), mobile browser or operating system, or about how you interact with our apps or services. A mobile SDK is in effect the mobile app version of a pixel tag or beacon. The SDK is computer code that app developers can include in their apps to enable ads to be shown, data to be collected, and related services to be implemented. We may use this technology, for instance, to analyze how our customers use our applications and make purchase, or to deliver or measure certain advertising through mobile applications and browsers based on information associated with your mobile device. These SDKs (or other, similar mobile applications and code) may collect mobile identifiers or geolocation information, which may be precise, GPS-level information. If you would like to opt out from having ads tailored to you in this way on your mobile device, please go to the “Settings” on your mobile device for directions on how to do so.
How We Use Your Information
We may use the information you provide directly to us and information we collect about you for various purposes, including to:
• Process, evaluate, and respond to your requests, inquiries, and applications;
• Create, administer, and communicate with you about your account;
• Make your experience on the Kalustyan Sites better;
• Send you information about Kalustyan’s products and services;
• Display relevant advertising to you on the Kalustyan Sites and across the Internet;
• Operate, evaluate, and improve our business, products and services (including to analyze, customize and develop new products and services; perform market research, data analytics, and data enhancement; measure the effectiveness of our advertising and marketing; administer the Kalustyan Sites; and perform accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation, and collection activities);
• Verify your identity and protect against fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims, and other liabilities;
The ad services we use to collect information from you may track your online activities over time and across websites. If we use a third party to collect this information, they may use this information to show you advertisements for Kalustyan or others that are tailored to your individual interests or characteristics and/or based on prior visits to our Sites. We and third-party vendors may use these cookies together, and may combine them with other data we collect from you, (1) to inform, optimize, and serve ads (including ads based on past visits to the Kalustyan Sites) and (2) to report on our ad impressions, other uses of ad services, and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services (including how they are related to visits to the Kalustyan Sites).
How We Share Your Information
We may share the information we collect or you provide with our service providers and the merchants who fulfill your orders, as well as with our subsidiaries, affiliates, and joint marketing partners, for any of the purposes set forth in this Privacy Notice. For instance, we may share the information we collect with service providers that provide hosting services, customer and technical support, marketing, billing, payment, or email services, security, anti-fraud or other operational support.
Subject to applicable law, we may disclose your personal information: if we are required to do so by law, regulation, court order or legal process; when we believe disclosure would be appropriate in response to governmental or regulatory requests; when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical, financial, or other harm, injury, or loss; in connection with an investigation of unlawful activity, and for fraud detection and prevention.
We may transfer personal information we have about you to a buyer or other successor in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (such as in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization, bankruptcy, dissolution, or liquidation), or take steps in anticipation of such a transaction. Third parties may collect personal information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use the Kalustyan Sites. For example, third-party providers of certain embedded content and tools on the Kalustyan Sites (such as social network plug-ins) may collect personal information directly from you in connection with your interaction with such content and tools. Such providers’ use of the information is subject to their own privacy policies, which we recommend you review. We are not responsible for such providers’ privacy practices, and those practices are not covered by this Privacy Notice.
If you would like to update or modify your personal information, you may contact us as described in the How To Contact Us section below or, where applicable on certain Kalustyan Sites, you may make these choices directly by logging into your account. You may unsubscribe from any of our promotional emails by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any promotional email you receive from us.
We take many steps to protect your information, but we can’t promise that our security program will eliminate all security risks. When you provide information to us, you do so at your own risk.
But we do ask you to please help protect your information. There are a number of things you can do, such as:
1. Using a unique password for the Kalustyan Sites that never has or will be used anywhere else please think up a new one that you never used before, and please only use that password with us.
2. Protecting the confidentiality of your login information don’t give your username or password to anyone, anywhere, anytime.
3. Accessing the Kalustyan Sites only from devices that have an up-to-date operating system and up-to-date security software (this makes the Kalustyan Sites work better anyway).
4. Notifying us of any suspected unauthorized activity by emailing us at email@example.com.
Taking these steps will not guarantee security but may help lower the risk or impact of certain security threats.